Food Hub Development Task Team
Since the successful publication of the New London County Food Hub Feasibility Study, the Food Hub Development Task Team is focused on facilitating the Phase I steps for starting a food hub, as outlined in the study. Specifically, the Food Hub Development Task Team is working on the following Phase I items:
- Brokering sales through an online marketplace
- Executing distribution between producers and buyers
- Branding, marketing and consumer education
- Critical value chain facilitation services that will enable the expansion of supply over time
- Wholesale readiness training, in partnership with organizations such as UCONN Extension, Farm to Institution New England (FINE) and organizations
- Food safety support, helping growers institute on-farm food safety plans and pursue GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) certification.
- Demand and production planning, working with producers to plan their production to meet the stated needs (both product type and volume) of interested buyers and help
Interested in learning more about the NLCFPC Food Hub Development Task Team? Contact us here.